Please read the terms of booking in full. When finished, you can signify your agreement by entering your details below.
A deposit of £400 deposit is payable to secure the date (please contact us for bank transfer details)
1.Two photographers will be available to photograph the wedding of the Couple named on page 1 the date specified on page 1.
2. RETAINER FEE: The retainer amount is £400. A £400 booking fee is required for final reservation of services. The booking fee will be deducted from the total cost. Booking is confirmed when this £400 deposit is received by cash, cheque (made out in pounds sterling to First Light Weddings) or bank deposit (please contact for bank deposit details), in addition to receiving a completed and signed Booking Form.
Please note that dates are reserved only when this fee has been received.
The remaining balance of the total fee is due 7 days before the Wedding.
3. Travel expenses vary according to the distance from Edinburgh and the need for accommodation.
4. All photographs and albums will remain property of First Light Wedding Photography until full payment is received.
5.COPYRIGHT & MODEL RELEASE: The 1998 Copyright, Designs and Patents Act assign copyright to First Light. First Light hold full copyright to all material.
If high-resolution files are purchased, the bride and groom with have a license for personal use to reproduce in print or electronically all or any of the images in perpetuity.
First Light presume the Bride & Groom's permission to use the digital images and reproductions for their web site, blog, displays, samples, print competitions, self promotional materials and advertising.
If you would prefer your photographs not to be used in this way, please let us know.
6. FORCE MAJEURE: In the unlikely event of total photographic failure, injury or sickness beyond
the control of First Light, their liability shall be limited to a full refund of all monies paid.
Your statutory rights are not affected. First Light have full Public Liability Insurance.
In the event of Ditte Solgaard or Chris Watt being unable to attend for any reason, an alternative photographer member of their team will attend and provide the same quality of service.
7. CANCELLATION: The client may cancel this contract at any time. However, after final reservation of services (by signing of Booking Form and payment of £400 deposit), the following charges apply as compensation for loss of income for First Light:
Number of days before wedding Charges due (as % of total fee due)
7 days or less: 100% total fee due
30 days or less: 50% total fee due
31-60 days: 30% total fee due
61+ days: £400 (loss of retainer)
8. RECEIPT OF ALBUM: Clients will be able to view and approve their album lay-out via digital proofing, First Light will make any layout changes up to 3 times after which time a £50 fee per submission will apply.
Album prices quoted are valid 12 months after the wedding date. After this time, higher prices may apply.
Albums included in this contract must be ordered within 24 months of the wedding date.
It is mutually agreed that the above terms of agreement form an integral part of this contract and that no variation or modification of this contract shall be effective unless accepted by First Light and the client, in writing.
I have read and fully understand and consent to the schedule and terms of agreement outlined in items 1-8 of this Contract.
I understand that this booking will not be finalised and First Light will remain available for bookings on the specified date until First Light has received a signed Wedding Booking Form and £400 deposit.
To signify your agreement to these contract terms, enter your details above, then submit the form.